We’ve thrown in a some staples, and a few not-so-well known stops to keep you busy exploring Western Wake County, NC!
- Fred G. Bond Park - With 310 acres of serene woods and amenities, Bond Park is one of the largest municipal parks in Wake County. The park serves as an oasis in the middle of Cary and offers opportunities for many types of recreation from kayaking to a ropes course to hiking the shaded trails.
- The Cary Arts Center - Dedicated to the visual and performing arts, the Cary Arts Center features a 437-seat theatre, as well as specialized art studios for clay, jewelry, textiles, woodworking, and several other types of art. The Center offers a long list of monthly activities from concerts to food truck rodeos to theatrical performance.
- Chatham Hill Winery – An urban winery, in the heart of Cary! The winery’s mission is to produce distinctive, handcrafted wines of high quality and purity from grapes grown in North Carolina. Chatham Hill Winery offers a full schedule of events, from trivia night to their upcoming fall harvest celebration, as well as wine tastings.
- American Tobacco Trail - The American Tobacco Trail (ATT) is a 22+ mile rails-to-trails project crossing through Durham, Chatham, and Wake counties. Copperleaf, a Cary community featuring Robuck Design Build homes, has community trails that connect to the ATT.
- Morrisville History Center - For Civil War history buffs, discover the Battle of Skirmish at Morrisville through artifacts and videos at the Morrisville History Center. As part of the 150th anniversary commemoration of the Civil War, the Town of Morrisville installed a special Morrisville History Center in the lobby of Town Hall.
- Triangle Rock Club - Up for the challenge? Take your getaway to new heights at the Triangle Rock Club featuring multiple types of indoor climbing including bouldering. This massive gym, with a 55-foot climb, a lead-climbing cave, bouldering and much more is the biggest and tallest gym in five states, and one of the largest in the Southeast.
- Downtown Apex - Downtown Apex is a unique assortment of award-winning restaurants, specialty shops and boutiques. Historic Downtown Apex is a great way to spend a relaxing day or evening shopping, strolling, and dining.
Western Wake County has so many great things happening, and we hope you add some of these stops to your list of things to explore. In the meantime, if you are interested in custom homes in our Copperleaf new home community or our other Triangle communities, check out Robuck Design Build.